CD Projekt RED officially announced last month that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is being remastered for PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S, and now more details have emerged.
As promised by the studio, the release of the updated version of the popular role-playing game before the end of this year. The next-gen Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be released on December 14, 2022 as a free patch.
The PS5, Xbox Series X and PS4 versions are compared below:.
- New animations for Geralt and the Plot. For example, Geralt now digs grass, and the horse can walk backwards and even kick with its hoof;.
- Among the fan modifications in the update will be not only HD Reworked (4K-textures), but also World Map Fixes, Nitpicker’s Patch – Various Visual Fixes, FCR3 – Immersion and Gameplay Tweaks and HDMR – HD Monsters Reworked Mod;.
- The hero models are better;.
- Changed damage from falls it is not counted during the jump from a height;.
- Three walking speeds depending on the slope of the handle;.
- The PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch versions (a little later) will receive a patch adding quests with items from the Netflix series and a bug fix. Switch will have cross-platform storage and cloud storage.
The PC version will support ray tracing, as well as Ultra+ graphics settings. The PS5 and Xbox Series X have performance (60 fps) and quality modes with ray tracing (30 fps). The game will also feature a new camera mode, which is closer to Geralt’s (as in God of War).